Cookie Day Bake-off
Home Education Association
Established in 1984
P.O. Box 10013
Jackson TN. 38308
Last Years Bake-off was such a smash hit that, We're Doing it Again!!
All are welcome to participate in this competition. There is NO set age requirement.
Contestants bake their cookies and turn them in to designated locations around West Tennessee. The cookies will then be transported to Woodland Baptist Church for judging.
(Please fill out the electronic form below so we may contact you if anything changes due to bad weather or emergency. Thank You :-)
How to sign up
To enter the contest, fill out the online electronic registration form at the bottom of this webpage. (If you have any problems, contact WTHEA at 731-784-8117)
Contest Rules for Bake-Off
1. There is NO age requirement to participate in this competition.
2. Contestants may work individually or in teams.
3. Contestants may have more than one entry, and participate in more than one
category but can only win one (1) prize.
4. Submissions must be home baked (not pre-baked).
5. Please do not submit anything that requires refrigeration.
6. Each entry must contain at least 5 dozen cookies.
7. Place cookies in a ziplock (or airtight container) and write your name, cookie type
and category on the bag/container. (Be careful not to over crowd as this can
damage the cookies)
8. All entries must be submitted no later than 9:00 a.m., Monday, March 20, 2018.
(Call 731-784-8117 for drop-off locations)
9. To be eligible for the contest all entries should include 5-dozen Cookies + Bake-off
Entry Form + Recipe and recipe source. If the cookies are pre-mixed (Betty Crocker
or Pilsburry cookie mix) simply include that information on the entry form. If it is an
original recipe please include baking instructions.
10. Contestants cannot be related to the judges.
Bake-Off Judging Criteria
1. Each entry is assigned an anonymous number by the Bake-Off officials for the
Judging of each category.
2. Each Judge will score every entry by secret ballot on a scale of one to ten, one being
the lowest and ten the highest.
3. Officials then total the scores of each entry to obtain the places for each category.
Ribbons and gift cards will be awarded to the lower categories and the grand prize
will go to Best Overall. (A prize will be awarded to the person who baked the most
• From Scratch
*Grand Prize* Best Overall (the creation with the highest overall score). If there is a tie each Judge will cast one vote for their favorite until the tie is broken.
All winners will be notified within seven working days. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and that the decisions of the judges are final and binding in all respects.
PRIZE AWARDS: Prizes will be awarded within sixty (60) days after winner notification.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners' acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
Grand Prize $100 cash
Most Cookies baked $75 cash
Happy baking, and good luck!
(c) copyright 2011 West Tennessee Home Education Association
Join Us For Our Second Annual
Cookie Day Bake-off Competition
March 19, 2018