T.H.E.A.'s Capitol Hill Rally & Reception Day
Home Education Association
A Call to Home School Families
Home School Capitol Hill & Rally Day
MARCH 14, 2018
"The Price of Liberty is Eternal Vigilance."
P.O. Box 10013
Jackson TN. 38308
(c) copyright 2011 West Tennessee Home Education Association
Our Tennessee House of Representatives Chamber in the Capitol
Our Rally on Wednesday, March 14th will take place in the House Chamber beginning at 10:30 a.m. as we follow an earlier group meeting in the Chamber. Due to all the changes it will be a shorter version of past rallies. Still, it will be a great Rally even with the many differences!
Following the Rally, three options of Chick-Fil-A box lunches, which must be pre-purchased through the T.H.E.A. web site, will be available for families just down the hallway in the historic and gorgeous Senate Library.
The Historic Senate Library
What can my family do at Rally Day?
- Call your state Senator and Representative now to get an appointment to meet and talk with them on Rally Day. Don't know how Click here. Don't know who they are Click here.
- Come to the Rally in the Historic House Chamber in the Capitol Building from 10:30 a.m.–12:00 noon.
- Pre-order your Chick-Fil-A box lunch here, and eat in the Capitol Building or on the Balconies surrounding it.
- Deliver Cookies to the legislator’s staff in our signature gift bags. (These bags are prepared for you) And trust me the staff cannot wait to get their cookies. Delivery begins when the Rally Program is over. The Cookie Delivery Table will set up on the 8th Floor of the Cordell Hull Office Building, accessed through the underground tunnel. Perhaps you’d want to eat your lunch first and then go deliver Cookies to our law-makers and their staff.
- In the afternoon, from 1:00 – 4:00, Christian Communicators of Tennessee, CCT, will host a Student Congress Tournament for home schooled students in the Chambers of the Tennessee Senate. To learn more about this tournament click here: https://studentcongress.homeschooldebate.net
One more thing…we continue to hear from the legislator’s and their staff that they love Rally Day, they love seeing family groups in their hallways and offices! Many have told us there is no other day on Capitol Hill like Rally Day!!
AND that is because of you!! Plan to be there with your family!!
TN Home Schoolers
Capitol Hill Rally & Reception Day 2018
Rally Day, the Day on Capitol Hill hosted and sponsored by TN Home Education Association, www.tnhea.org, for Tennessee homeschooling families to bring the good report of home education to our elected law-makers. Following the horrific child abuse crimes committed by the Turpins, using homeschooling as a cloak to conceal their crimes, international, national & local media have called for tighter regulation of home schoolers. The Turpin criminal child abuse is not a home school issue but one of child abuse & neglect. Every state has tough child abuse & neglect laws as well as truancy laws. It is very important for our lawmakers to see their home schooling constituents and to learn about the strength & vibrancy of home education in Tennessee! Join homeschoolers from across our state on Capitol Hill for Rally Day 2018! We’ll gather for our Rally in the historic House of Representatives Chamber (see below) in our Capitol Building for a celebration of home education.
RALLY DAY 2018 WILL BE VERY
DIFFERENT FROM ANY
CAPITOL HILL RALLY DAY EVER!
(Want to know how the Home School
Capitol Hill & Rally Day got started)
Why? Our state legislators have moved all their offices and Committee Rooms out of the Legislative Plaza and War Memorial Building into the re-purposed Cordell Hull Building.
We will have an abbreviated Rally, not in the War Memorial Auditorium because of this move, but in the beautiful and historic Tennessee House of Representatives Chamber in our Capitol Building. As other groups are doing since the move has occurred, we’ll have access to the House Chamber floor and the two galleries on either side of the Chamber for our Rally. We are connected to our lawmakers and their offices in the Cordell Hull Building through an amazing new under-ground tunnel!
The deep Underground Tunnel between the Capitol and
the Legislative Offices in the
Cordell Hull Building