Home Education Association
P.O. Box 10013
Jackson TN. 38308
(c) copyright 2016 West Tennessee Home Education Association
Workshops are one of the many services that WTHEA provides for home schoolers.
If there is a particular type of workshop that would be helpful to you as a home schooler please tell us at email@example.com .
Home Schooling: The Early Years
Home Schooling: Middle School
High School and College Prep Workshop Weekend
Time: Sign-in 9:30 a.m.
Workshop 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Northside United Methodist Church
2571 North Highland, Jackson, TN. 38305
Workshop Topics Include:
And Much More!
- Navigating Your Way Through High School.
- When and how to request diploma and final transcripts.
- Timeline of when everything needs to be done and how (without overlooking anything and without duplication).
- When to consider early graduation or 5-year plan.
- ACTS/SATS/PSATS – when and why to take them. What is the difference?
- AP and Honors Courses, Dual Enrollment.
- College Applications, FAFSA, Transcripts, Financial Aid (TN Promise, HOPE), Scholarships and Recommendation Letters, Portfolios, Evaluations, special circumstances (NCAA, Military Academies).
- Goal Based Planning for Special Pursuits.
- Entrepreneur or Vocational – Learn how to help students recognize their God-given talents and gifts and plan their curriculum accordingly, optimizing their strengths for their specific goals, while still fulfilling graduation requirements.
The workshops will be held in room 119.
Park in the front parking lot of the church and enter the main doors.
Sign-in starts at 9:30 a.m.
The first workshop will begin at 10:00 a.m. We will break for lunch around 12:00 p.m. and reconvene at 1:00 p.m. for the next workshop followed by a short break.
If you would like to order lunch through us from Jason's Deli to be delivered to the workshop then you must fill out the form bellow by TBA. Lunch orders are to be paid at the sign-in desk.
We look forward to seeing you there!